24. February 2017 08:21
When you are preparing your rental home, it is essential that every corner is alluring and clean. You should be prepared for potential tenants to be extremely observant and to scrutinize every part of your rental home. By staging your rental home properly, you open up possibilities and potential. However, people tend to overlook a few areas and steps when staging their rental homes, making it slightly more difficult to rent out or get the price they’re asking.
You are to remember these few overlooked areas when preparing your rental home.
- The entrance-way and backyard: Make sure that your backyard and exterior are clean and appealing. As for the entrance-way, this area will lay down the worth for the rest of the rental home so be sure to make it look inviting. Use decent console tables, seating furniture, mirrors, or a painting. As far as the backyard is concerned, start by cleaning and twigging old leaves and debris, add color and visual interest to your backyard by planting bunch of flowers depending upon the season; also add outdoor furniture and lighting or lamps or fairy lights.
- The kitchen cabinet tops: The kitchen should be prepared well for staging. Cabinet and counter tops are the most essential parts of kitchen, make sure these are emptied and clean. Peroxide can be used to sanitize and clean the area thoroughly. In addition to being a good cleaner, it's also good for people with medical conditions like allergies and asthma. You can use it on your cabinet tops, and all around the kitchen. Other than that, vinegar is a natural cleaner for greasy cabinets, you can even laminate your counter tops with Formica, and it is easy to clean wipe when laminated.
- Bathroom: People are particular about the bathroom and making it appealing is a good tactic. So, inspect the linen closet, put some hooks for hanging towels. You can also add clean, white linens and maybe a small floral display to add visual interest. Check the tiled flooring and make sure it’s spotless and repaired if broken. Remove foul odors in the bathroom, if any.
- Attic, basement and garage: Every home has one of the three, if not all. These locations tend to become dumps or storage for all your documents, old clothing, holiday decorations, sporting gear, keepsakes and other such things. However, when staging for potential tenants, you want to make the most of the space of every room. Shelving is great for all the location as it can free the floor space and make the room more organized. You can add hooks to for holding sporting gears and add small drawers to keep mechanical instruments. This works really well with the garage and basement.
- For the attic, make sure the insulation is removed or replaced. Dirty attic can often become home for rodents, rats and birds that contaminates the insulation and infects the attic that can lead to unhealthy home. Make sure that you take the help of experts to decontaminate and clean for handling your attic. Consider painting walls with neutral and warm colors, when all these locations are cleaned and organized it could possibly be used as an additional room. A suitable couch, a small mini-bar, and a television could turn the attic, basement and garage into a getaway for the adults or it can also turn out to be a hang out space for the children by adding mini tents and indoor games.
- Closets and Laundry Room: Untidiness will distract tenants from your home’s potential and throwing everything in the closet isn’t available solution since most people want to see how much closet space you have to offer. These are two of the most overlooked areas of rental home staging. Make sure that closets are cleaned, set, organized and space is maximized and that the laundry room is visually appealing and appears handy in all aspects. If space allows, try to hide baskets, drying racks, and cleaning supplies out of sight.
- Drain: Plumbing in the home is like the roots of a tree, there are the main line. Drainage is basically one of the most overlooked areas, while you are focusing much on cleaning the rooms. Before putting your home for rent, you should first check if you are dealing with slow-draining sinks or showers. Then you have to deal with clogged pipes, toilet stoppages, and garbage disposal freeze-ups. Providing appropriate plumbing tools helps to tenants to handle minor problems themselves. Upgrade your vent pipes; drain treatment should be at least once a month with a mild enzyme based drain cleaner to dissolve grease and keep the drains flowing. Major problems which are those that require disassembly of the pipes are best left to professionals. A landlord should guarantee the pipes work well, but the tenant should be in charge for what goes down them.
There are many aspects that have to be taken into account when staging your rental home and it might seem like plenty of work, but ultimately, it benefits you, the landlord as well your tenants. Making your rental home all polished and clean for tenants can potentially help it rent quicker and help you get the price you are asking for.
20. September 2016 15:07
With an increase in rental homes these days, it has become essential to make your property stand out from the competition. Staging your rental home can not only enhance its appearance but also boost its value. It can help you maximize returns from your rental investment and ensure a faster occupancy.
Listed below are few tips which can help you stage your rental home in Killeen, TX:
- Thorough Cleaning: Make sure you thoroughly clean everything in your home including carpets, curtains and upholstery. Each corner of your house should be dirt free and spotless. Get rid of unnecessary clutter so that your property looks more presentable to the potential tenants.
- Spruce up the exterior: Having a well maintained lawn with blooming flowers can make your rental home more welcoming. Mow the grass, pressure wash the walkway and clean the front door. You can even install outdoor lighting to illuminate the sidewalk or put some potted plants along the pathway.
- Repainting the home: You can consider repainting the walls to remove stains and marks. Make sure you choose neutral colors as it will not only provide a refreshing look to your property but also make it appear more spacious.
- Highlight important features: You can entice tenants towards your rental home by highlighting its positive features. For instance, if you have a spacious living room, you can accentuate it by using various accessories such as wall art, chandeliers, table lamps etc. The patio or outdoor space can also be redecorated to be used as a dining area.
- Focus on the kitchen: While searching for a rental home, some tenants focus more on the kitchen. Make sure your kitchen is spick and span. You can even renovate it with modern cabinets to improve its functionality and visual appeal.
- Maximize space: You can use smart storage solutions to ensure effective utilization of space in your rental home. Built-in cabinets and shelves can be installed to provide an organized look to your property in Killeen.
- Seek professional help: You can seek professional assistance to stage your home for rent. The agent will analyze your requirements and provide you with some useful tips to attract tenants to your property. He will also assist you with other aspects of the renting process.
- Additional features: Homes outfitted with advanced security equipment can attract potential tenants. So you can consider installing fire alarms, smoke detectors, locking system etc. to ensure safety of the residents.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, can help you stage your Killeen based rental home. For more information, feel free to call at (254) 690 - 3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
21. July 2016 17:42
Renting a home can be a challenging task, but having proper knowledge about the process can help to ease your burden. You can also hire a real estate agent who can help to rent a home suiting your requirements.
Here is a step by step guide to rent a home in Killeen:
- Setting your budget: It is important to set a budget before beginning your search for a home on rent. You must also know whether you require a short or long term rental home. It can help you to narrow down your search and make choices accordingly.
- Analyze your requirements: You can make a priority list stating all your requirements such as property type, location, number of bedrooms, pet policy, proximity to work place, shopping malls, and various other amenities. This can give you a clear picture about the rental home you need to look for.
- Research extensively: Make sure you research extensively to find the most suitable rental home. You can also go through the online listings to view the pictures and other important details of rental properties available. Seeking recommendations from your friends or family members can also be a good option.
- Visiting the property: Simply viewing the property online is not enough. You should arrange a visit to the shortlisted rental homes as this can help you to be aware of their ins and outs.
- Finalizing the deal: Once you have shortlisted the property, you should be prepared with all the documents required to complete the renting process. You can be asked about references from previous landlords, credit report, income proof etc.
- Tenancy agreement: The last step towards renting a home is signing the tenancy agreement. Make sure you go through all the important terms and conditions so that you have a hassle free renting experience. The real estate agent can help you understand the legal terms mentioned in the agreement in a better way. Also ascertain, there are no overhead expenses such as maintenance fees, taxes or insurance payments included in the agreement.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, provide quality rental services to the clients in Killeen, TX. The real estate agents at our firm will help you throughout the renting process. For more information, you can call (254) 690 - 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
22. April 2016 20:23
When it comes to rental homes, Killeen offers affordable living options for every budget and requirements. An extensive research and patience can help you zero down on your dream home. With a wide variety of homes- in terms of size, amenities and location, one can rest assured of finding the right rental home.
The following tips may help you while searching for a rental home in Killeen:
- Fix a budget: Always have a pre fixed budget in your mind. It is not recommended to choose a property that exceeds the set budget, as you may have to deal with other expenses too while renting a place. Keeping a budget will help you keep a check on your pocket and not put you in a fix later on.
- Shortlist from all options: Online portals, real estate agents and recommendations from known people are all good sources to know about the homes available for rent in Killeen. However, you must not rely only on one of these search options and explore all sources from where you can get information about rental homes.
- Make a priority list: Take some time out to determine your requirements make a list starting from most important to the least. This could be the rental home’s location (proximity of home from office/school), size (apartment or private home) and amenities (furnished or unfurnished). Make sure you stick to this list when browsing the options available to you.
- Pay a visit: It is very important to see the home at least twice before you make up your mind. First impression do makes a difference but it is always nice to revisit the property to gauge whether it suits all your needs.
- Check overhead costs: Once you have shortlisted a few properties, check if it will cost you any more than the monthly rent. This may include maintenance fees, taxes or insurance payments. Include them in your budget and decide if the home fits in your budget.
- Read the contract carefully: Insist on legal paperwork and read the contract carefully before signing. Make sure that every point that you have agreed upon with the landlord is mentioned in the contract. Pet policy, maintenance responsibility and payment timelines are all essentials which you must cross check once before signing.
If you are looking for a rental home in Killeen, TX, contact Cloud Real Estate for assistance. Call us at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
19. November 2015 17:44
The holidays can be a great time to list your home for rent in Killeen, TX. There is lesser competition in the real estate market and tenants are highly motivated to move in to their new home during the festive season. If you are also planning to rent out your home amidst the merriment and sparkle of Christmas, you need to present it in the best possible light.
Here are some tips that will help you effectively stage your rental home for the holidays:
- Focus on curb appeal: Keep the exterior of your home as simple as possible. The color scheme should be neutral and the landscape lights should be installed in a way that highlights the positive features of the home. Placing seasonal flowers, decorative plants and a seasonal wreath on the front door can give a welcoming feel to the potential tenants.
- Light up the home: When a potential tenant visits your home, keep curtains open to let natural light come in. It will also make the house look spacious and well-ventilated. If it is nighttime, turn on all the lights so that the home is properly illuminated. You can even light candles or fireplace to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Go for seasonal décor: Show up your festive spirit to the tenants by giving a seasonal touch your home’s décor. Adorning your home with snowflakes, wrapped gifts, ornaments, winter branches and more can be a great idea. However, you must not display too much of personal decorative stuff as it can distract the potential tenants.
- Pay attention to color scheme: Though Christmas season is often associated with the use of red, gold and silver shades in home décor, make sure it goes with the existing color scheme. For instance, a red colored wreath may not go with light blue colored walls. Therefore, you should use colors that complement and accentuate the décor of your home.
- Highlight positive features: When staging the home, you should focus on highlighting its positive features so as to avoid tenants paying attention to the negative aspects. Choose some specific areas in the home to be decorated for the best outcome. Avoid placing too many decorative items in smaller rooms.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, can help to effective stage your rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
11. June 2015 13:19
Preparing a home for rent can be a challenging task, particularly if the landlord does not have enough time and resources to invest. It requires a lot of planning, inspection, dedication and maintenance to make your property look appealing to the potential tenants. However, highlighting certain rooms for staging will lessen the load and also leave a good impression on the tenant.
Here are some of the rooms that are most important during staging a house:
- Living Room: This is probably the first room a tenant will see after entering the rental home. Therefore, you must make sure that the living room is spotless and smells fresh. Thoroughly wipe the floors, get the carpets steam cleaned and paint the walls with a neutral shade to give a spacious feel to the room. Organize all the extra stuff like toys, stacked books, personal photos etc. The room should have sufficient lighting to accentuate the décor and furnishings.
- Kitchen: This is an area which is most precisely inspected by the tenants. Most tenants want the kitchen countertops to be clean and cabinets to have enough storage space to organize their stuff. For this, you can consider repainting the cabinets, wash the flooring and getting all the appliances repaired. When a potential renter visits your property, you can also place fresh flowers or fruits on the countertop to give a homely look to the room.
- Bedroom: This part of the home is where the tenants envision relaxing and unwind after a hectic day. Thus, the bedroom should be comfortable and have a soothing décor. The closets should be spacious and functional to store a large amount of personal stuff. Keep the furniture and furnishing to bare minimum so that the bedroom appears to be bigger. You can also consider adding beautiful throw pillows, wall art and decorative lights to breathe life into the bedroom.
- Bathroom: The bathroom is another important area in your rental home that needs to be staged properly. You must replace any leaking pipes, rusty faucets, broken or faded tiles to give a clean look to the bathroom. All your personal toiletries should be kept out of sight while showing the property to potential tenants. You can also place some neutral colored towels, a shower curtain and mild room fresheners in the bathroom.
For more assistance effectively staging your rental home in Killeen, TX, contact Cloud Real Estate at (254) 690 – 3311.
21. May 2015 13:43
Renting out your home, apartment, condo or duplex can be a lucrative option. However, preparing your home for staging requires planning, maintenance, repair and dedication. A properly staged home will attract quality tenants, more rent and make the process hassle free.
Given here are a few tips that can help you effectively prepare your home for rent:
- Inspect Your Home: When the rental home is vacant, thoroughly inspect it to identify any major problems and repair them timely. You should also address any issues that might come up as a bigger problem in the near future such as wall cracks, roof leaks, leaky pipes or faucets, clogged drains, burnt out light fixtures etc.
- Ensure Safety: Tenants look for a house that is safe for them and their family to live in. For this, you must replace all the door locks and properly fence the yard. Install smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in every room and floor of the house.
- Do A Thorough Cleaning: Thoroughly clean all the windows, blinds, floors and walkways to remove any stains. You can also repaint the home and replace any broken or old light fittings to give it a refreshed look. The house should be de-cluttered to give a good impression to potential tenants.
- Check Furnishings And Appliances: If you are renting out a furnished home, everything must be absolutely clean and in proper working condition. You can even get the sofas and curtains steam cleaned to remove all the stains. You must check all the electrical appliances to make sure that they are in proper working order. If not, get them repaired before any potential tenant visits your property.
- Hire Property Management Services: Maintaining each and everything on your own can be a little tedious and time consuming. Thus, you can consider hiring a reliable property management company that can assist you with each and every aspect of the renting process. The agents will market your property, screen tenants, collect rent, handle repairs etc. in a professional manner.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, can help you prepare your home for rent in Killeen, TX. Our experienced property managers will ensure that you get the best possible rent for your property. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690 – 3311.
20. April 2015 13:22
Whether you are a real estate investor or a first time landlord, renting your home is a lucrative option for an additional income. However, without sufficient knowledge, it is possible that the entire renting process becomes troublesome. There are a lot of concerns that should be addressed while renting your home.
Read on to know some of the important tips that you must keep in mind before putting your home up for rent:
- Know The Laws: Every state has different set of landlord-tenant rules and guidelines. It is critical that you have a complete understanding of all these laws before listing your property. Your locality may also have some rules related to rental homes. All these things laws must be considered to avoid any sort of legal complications afterwards.
- Create A Lease Contract: A simple lease agreement with all the legal clause, terms and conditions included can help protect your rights as a landlord. It should have a complete mention of the lease term, due dates for rent, security deposits, rules of conduct, maintenance responsibilities, insurance coverage, lease violation and eviction terms. This can save you from legal hassles that may occur with a problematic tenant.
- Screen Tenants: It is always beneficial to screen tenants in order to avoid those who have a bad rental history and don’t pay the rent on time. You must evaluate the tenants credit history, previous residence, income, criminal background etc. It is advisable to hire a professional real estate agent for this purpose as they have predefined criterion to determine the eligibility of the tenant for a rental home.
- Determine Market Value: For this, you need to examine the current real estate trends and the rent quoted by other rental homes in your area. Potential tenants search around and compare the available properties, so make sure that you set a competitive price and highlight the positive aspects of your rental home.
- Protect Your Belongings: While renting your home, you must have a comprehensive insurance coverage to protect our property form any sort of damage. You can also ask the tenants to buy renters insurance to cover their personal belongings in the home.
In order to successfully rent your home in Killeen, you can contact the real estate agents at Cloud Real Estate. You can call us at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
20. October 2014 18:57
When renters search for a new property they usually have a list of features that they look for in a house. A clean and aesthetic outdoor space is one of the most important features and renters prefer a home with a nice well kept lawn. Many landlords are aware of the fact and use this simple technique to attract potential tenants. By maintaining the lawn or the garden of the house, landlords improve the chances of long term tenancy and shorten the vacancy times.
Improve the curb appeal:
The curb appeal is the charm of the exterior of a house or property and is the first thing that is noticed about the house from the street.
Here are the simple tricks to improve the curb appeal of the house:
- Clean up the front door and decorate it.
- Replace the broken or old hardware.
- Put Fresh plants
- Freshen up the mailbox
- Add outdoor art
- Clean the driveway
- Paint the house.
- Clean the old garage doors or replace them if required.
- Trimmed grass and flower beds.
- Make it Green.
Other Amenities Tenants Look for:
There are certain amenities that most tenants look for in the outdoor spaces. Therefore, utmost care should be taken to provide these amenities when the potential tenant visits to inspect the house:
- Parking Space.
- Outdoor sitting area.
- Safety in the outdoor area.
- Well maintained landscape
- Facility for gardening.
Many of the landowners usually tend to ignore these amenities but they are more important than the interiors of the house. The outdoor space acts like a first impression which lasts forever.
Recreational Outdoor Facilities:
Most of the renters also look for recreational amenities in the outdoor spaces of the house. Including such facilities does not require much cost but they add to the value of the house in front of potential buyers.
Some of the common recreational facilities are:
- Tennis or basketball courts.
- Playing area for kids
- Area for grilling
- Space for organizing parties
The ultimate goal of the potential tenant is to get all the facilities as close as possible to his new home. They prefer a space where they can spend memorable evenings with the family or friends. Including more outdoor facilities provides cost-effective and valuable benefits that add to the investment. Outdoor space has gained much importance these days and maintaining them properly increases the chances of renting your property at a good price.
We, at Cloud Real Estate can help you stage and maintain your rental home. Our real estate agents will also help you find the right tenants for your property. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690-3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
18. September 2014 16:01
In present times tenants are more aware and demanding of the facilities and amenities they require in a rental home. When tenants hunt for a rental property they have certain criteria and features which they look for in a potential rental home. If you want your rental house to get good tenants, then it is essential that you have the following amenities in your rental house.
- Location: One of the biggest features that attract tenants to a property is its location. If you have your house at a prime location then you will get more interest from tenants. People prefer properties that are near a busy place, have good transportation facilities, restaurants, shopping complexes and entertainment places nearby. The rent of the properties at the right location is always high but they still get tenants as the location is the major feature that influences their decision.
- Well-maintained properties: Tenants always prefer properties that are frequently renovated and are well-maintained. Everyone likes to live in a house that looks new and has latest fixtures and features. They look for houses which are clean and thus renovated units are often rented out quickly.
- Modern layout: Tenants like to live in a house that is constructed well and has a modern layout. They like open spaces that give the illusion of space and often houses with open kitchen have higher occupancy rate.
- Parking facility: As many people own cars it is crucial that you have a parking slot in your house where the tenant can easily park the car. By offering parking in the garage or in the driveway, you can rent out your unit quickly. Even rental properties that arrange parking at an approachable distance are quite in demand in urban areas.
- Storage area or closets: Tenants prefer a house that offers ample storage space to keep their house organized and clutter free. They seek sufficient closets and storage areas where they can keep their extra belongings.
- Quality and working appliances: While renting a house tenants check for the appliances provided and their working condition. People prefer to live in a house with quality appliances that are in good working condition.
- Natural light and ventilation: Another feature that pulls tenants is natural light and ventilation. To highlight this feature most of the realtors open windows and blinds while staging the house so that the tenant can be sure that there is sufficient light and air in the home. Moreover, natural light gives a house a warm and inviting feel.
These features and tips surely add value to a rental property and make it desirable to long term tenants.