12. August 2016 20:59
One of the most important dilemmas faced by every landlord is whether to hire the services of a property management company or oversee the home maintenance tasks on their own. Managing your property well is the key to generate consistent income from it. However, if you do not have the requisite time to maintain your rental home or are bound due to other important liabilities, it is best to hire a property management firm.
Given below are some advantages of professional property management services:
- Advertizing: If your property is vacant for a long period of time, you need to fill it up immediately in order to avoid losses. However, finding suitable tenants is not a very simple process. Firstly, you need to advertize the property through the internet, local newspapers and online listings. A property management company can easily perform this task on your behalf. It can help you reach out to a larger pool of prospective tenants through the most effective advertizing mediums.
- Screening the tenants: Renting your property to a bad tenant can be harmful for your rental business as he may not pay the rent on time or may even damage your property. It is important to check the financial as well as criminal background of a tenant to ensure everything goes smoothly during the rental tenure. Property managers follow a systematic approach to screen all the applicants and conduct thorough background checks. They also get references from the tenant’s employers and previous landlords to get detailed information. Doing all this on your own can be very time-consuming and you may miss out on some crucial points.
- Save time: Property management companies have the required infrastructure and staff in place to manage the rental homes for diverse clients. They also have expertise in preparing lease agreements and handling other documentation. They know the right procedures to close the deal smoothly and prevent any sort of problems later on.
- Resolving tenant issues: It is not possible to regularly stay in touch with the tenants to know any maintenance or repair issues they may be facing. However, timely renovations and repairs are important in order to retain tenants for a longer period of time. This is where a property management company can prove to be helpful. They conduct frequent property inspections to identify any maintenance issues, collect rent and ensure that your rental home is well-kept.
For property management services in Killeen, TX, consider Cloud Real Estate. We can assist you in every aspect of renting out your home. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
14. July 2016 20:48
A rental property can prove to be a valuable investment if maintained properly. Hiring a property management company can relieve stress and minimize your accountabilities as a landlord. It can help you shorten vacancy cycles and maximize the profit on your rental property.
Here are some ways in which property management services can make your renting experience hassle free:
- Property marketing: The professionals at the firm use advanced advertizing strategies to help you attract potential tenants for your rental home. They help in promoting your property through various channels.
- Lease preparation and enforcement: Having insight into the tenant-landlord laws, the property management team helps in preparing the lease. They understand the requirements of the landlords and formulate the rental agreement accordingly. The team also makes sure that all the terms and conditions are being followed by the tenants.
- Rent collection: The property managers reduce the burden from the landlords by collecting the rent from the tenants. This service ensures timely payment from the tenants. However, in any case of non-payment, the team may initiate the the necessary paperwork for eviction.
- Tenant screening: A thorough tenant screening is conducted by the team. They validate the applicant’s credit history, criminal record and dealings with the previous landlord. They also perform employment verification which can help you find suitable tenants for your property.
- Maintenance: The property management team conducts regular inspections to evaluate the condition of your home. They identify any signs of damage and perform the repairs. This also helps to increase the value of your property.
- Preparing the home for rent: The property management team will also help to stage your rental home. They will make your property stand out and attract a wider pool of potential tenants.
A property management company can help you search suitable tenants. The firm can also manage your rentals and paperwork. However, you need to research thoroughly before making the final decision. Make sure the company has a good reputation and offers quality services.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, provide comprehensive property management services to the clients in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call at (254) 690 - 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
13. May 2016 20:57
Renting a home is a profitable venture, but managing it requires a lot of time and energy. It can also be a tiresome and stressful task if you are renting out your property for the first time. Hiring the services of a professional property management company can go a long way in ensuring a smooth and hassle-free renting process. Some benefits of property management services are enlisted below.
Scrutinizing and Choosing ‘The Best’ Tenants
To earn maximum profits, having good tenants should be at the top of the list. Property managers can make the task easier by screening the applicants thoroughly. They make sure that the property is rented to the right people, who can maintain it well and pay the rent on time.
Assistance in Paperwork
Paperwork is the most important but time-consuming task in the rental process. A property manager comes as a sigh of relief in this case too as he can communicate with the tenants and send out official notices on the behalf of landlord. The property managers are familiar with the latest landlord-tenant laws and can efficiently handle the legalities of the renting process.
Easy Collection of Rent
Property management services ensure timely collection of rent. Due to the lease agreement and also the involvement of property managers, tenants are likely to pay the rents at the right time resulting in the increased revenue.
A property management company has tie-ups with several contractors, because of which landlords do not need to worry about maintenance of the rental home. A property manager will always employ a skilled serviceman inorder to provide the best maintenance service.
Stress-free Renting Experience
Whether it is screening the tenants, repairing a damaged property or collection of rent, everything can be easily handled by a property manager. With this, the landlord can lead a more relaxed and peaceful life, knowing thattheir rental home is beingproperly maintained. Having a professional by your side confirms a high occupancy rate by providing better facilities to both the tenants and landlord.
Cloud Real Estate is a leading property management company in Killeen, TX. We have extensive experience in serving both residential and commercial properties in the city. For more information about our services, call at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
14. March 2016 15:20
Marketing your rental home helps in attracting a large number of potential tenants. However, before actually starting the whole process of marketing, you need to ensure that the rental unit is priced correctly. The rate should be in tandem with what your competitors in Killeen are offering and should neither be too high nor too less.
Listed below are some effective marketing tips that will help in filling up your rental home quickly:
- Use the Internet: Online listings are a great platform to get in direct touch with potential renters in Killeen. There are numerous websites where landlords can list their property along with high quality images and extensive descriptions. Use multiple online platforms and websites to target the right type of tenants.
- Take advantage of the social media: Social media websites offer a great marketing opportunity to the landlords. You can post advertizements on these websites or ask your friends to share your property details on their profiles. Apart from this, click some attractive pictures of your rental home to highlight the positive aspects and post them alongside the property details.
- Maintain your property well: Marketing requires the best presentation efforts and therefore you need to pay attention to improve the curb appeal of your home. Maintaining the yard is important because it is the first thing a visitor will notice. Mow the lawn and decorate the yard with seasonal flowers and pots. Thoroughly pressure washing the driveway and sides will lend a fresher and cleaner look to the exteriors of your home.
- Word-of-mouth: Letting friends, family and co-workers know that you have a vacant property is a good way to spread the word. Word-of-mouth is still one of the best forms of marketing when it comes to finding the potential tenants. If possible, keep a finder’s fee for a good referral such as simple gift card or bonus amount. This is likely to get you more positive results.
- Newspaper ads: The concept of local classifieds is still going strong and most of the newspapers have an online version as well. You can also check out your local newspaper to know the process for getting your property listed in it. Generally, it takes only nominal fee charges to get your rental ad featured in a local paper.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, can help to attract quality tenants for your rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information on the property management services provided, call at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive Killeen, Texas 76543.
6. January 2016 19:27
Although investing in a rental property seems to be a great financial proposition, managing it requires a lot of responsibilities. As a landlord, you need to supervise everything perfectly so that no problem arises in the future. For this, it is important to possess knowledge about your basic duties towards the tenants.
Below are essential tips that you need to follow in order to manage your property well.
- Get a written lease agreement: Whenever you rent your home, it is important to have a written lease agreement clearly stating information such as: name of the tenant, term period of lease, conditions for pets, security deposit etc. Information regarding rent payment should also be specified in the contract. It may be useful if you include important rental terms in your agreement.
- Treat all prospective tenants equally: You cannot reject a prospective tenant for any discriminatory reason such as race, color or family status. You can only consider factors such as: annual income, credit score and related parameters. The screening process needs to be applied consistently on every applicant. Apart from this, you are also required to keep a written proof of the reason for rejecting a particular tenant.
- Scrutinize your property regularly: You will have to take the legal responsibility if your tenant suffers any kind of injury on the property due to your negligence. Therefore, you need to regularly inspect your property and get the requisite repair work done. Follow all the health and safety regulations and never behave irresponsibly with your tenant causing him to suffer physically. If any such instance takes place, you can face legal proceedings as law allows the tenant to claim compensation from you.
- Make timely repairs: It is the duty of a landlord to make his rental property fit for occupancy in every way. Most of the states require you to provide basic features such as heating, electricity and plumbing. If you fail to do so, it is termed as violation of law.
- Always inform the tenant before entering the rental property: Refer to your state laws in order to know when you are allowed to enter a rental unit. This is done to protect the privacy rights of the tenant. Most of the state laws allow a landlord to enter the rental property to make repairs, check the property, show it to potential tenants or in case of an emergency. A verbal or written notice 24 hours prior to entering the property is required to be given to the tenant. This rule is only relaxed in case of emergency.
If you are planning to rent your home in Killeen, TX, contact Cloud Real Estate. Our agents will assist you in every aspect and help to rent your home quickly. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690-3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
14. July 2015 11:24
Hiring a property management company is the key to a successful rental business. Whether you have a single or multiple investment properties, outsourcing the maintenance task to professionals can give you the ever desired peace of mind and a consistent flow of rental income. However, deciding which company to hire is extremely important to avoid any problems in future.
Here are some important factors that you must consider before choosing a property management company in Killeen, TX:
- Fulfillment Of Your Requirements: Assessing your needs and analyzing if the property management company will live up to them is the first step. The agents should be able to undertake the entire renting process on your behalf, right from advertizing the home to preparing lease agreement, collecting rent and handling repair work. As the property manager will be the mediator between you and your tenants, it is essential that he offer good customer service.
- Fee Structure: You should not hesitate to ask about the company’s fee structure beforehand. Request for a breakdown of all the charges and a list of the services provided by them. You must also ask if there are any additional costs for certain services or repair work. This will help you wisely work out on your finances and decide how much you can afford to spend.
- Legal And Financial Experience: The property managers should be well-versed with the legalities involved in renting and real estate. They must have complete knowledge about the property laws of your state and city to ensure that you do not have to face any trouble. They should also be experienced in handling finances efficiently.
- Easy Approachability: Ensure that your property management company can be easily approached in case there is an urgent repair work required. Find out what arrangements they have made for weekends, holidays or odd-hour emergencies. The property manager should be easily approachable and proactive in handling the maintenance requests of tenants.
- Advertizing And Tenant Screening Policies: The property management company should have a well-defined and effectual advertizing system to attract quality tenants for your rental home. They should also follow strict procedures to screen all the applicants and rent out your home to trustworthy people.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, provide comprehensive property management services in Killeen, TX. Our agents are experienced in maintaining both commercial and residential rental properties. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
14. May 2015 15:56
Owning a rental property is a lucrative option for most investors provided that the property is well maintained. The home should be properly maintained in order to attract quality and long-term tenants. Managing a property comes with a lot of responsibilities for the landlord and he can consider hiring professional property management services. A property manager can help you manage all aspects of renting in an efficient manner. Hence, choosing the right property management company is extremely important to ensure consistent income from your investment property.
Below are some tips that can help you choose a property management company in Killeen:
- Knowledge About Local Market: Make sure that the property manager has complete knowledge of the real estate market, as it will help in determining the appropriate rent for the property. He may also suggest cost-effective home improvements to make sure that your property remains competitive in the rental market.
- Interact With Them: Before finalizing any company set up a meeting with the property managers to know what services they provide. Ask them about their monthly charges, advertizing strategies, repair and maintenance policies etc.
- Ask For Three References: The best way to know about a property management company is to get in touch with their present clients. You can ask the company to provide references of clients with similar properties. Contact them and ask if they are satisfied with the services provided by the property manager.
- Customer Service: A property manager should be responsive to handle your queries and requests on time. Keeping you informed about how the property is being managed and maintaining an active communications is also important.
- Timely Depositing Rent: Ask the property management company when the monthly rent will be deposited in your account. Ideally, it should not take more than a week after the date of rent collection to prepare the financial statements and deposit the rent in your bank account.
- Maintain Healthy Relationship With Tenants: Another important responsibility of a property management company is to make sure that the tenants are not facing any problem in the home. Their request for repairs and other issues must be timely handled to reduce vacancy cycles.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, are a renowned company providing property management services for rental properties in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690 – 3311.
7. May 2015 14:30
Property management is a time consuming and tedious task. It involves dealing with tenants, collecting rent, timely maintenance etc. Thus if you own a rental home, you can consider hiring an experienced property management company. Here are some of the benefits of hiring a property management firm:
- Professional handling of tenants: The professional staff finds reliable long-term tenants for your property. They advertise the vacancy and thoroughly screen the background of the tenancy candidates to find a trustworthy tenant. They even perform a background check to ensure the prospective tenant has no criminal and eviction records.
- Legal assistance: An experienced property manager is aware of all the landlord-tenant laws related to eviction, lease addendums, lease termination, property inspections, etc. They help in preparing and implementing the lease agreement.
- Reduce vacancy period: The property management company can help you in reducing vacancy cycles. The property manager also offers assistance in improving and preparing the property for staging. The staff is knowledgeable about the competition and assists the landlords in determining the right rent.
- Higher tenant retention: The property manager inspects the property regularly and stays in touch with the tenants. The property management firm ensures that the rental property is well maintained, all the appliances are working and security systems are intact. They ensure that they address to the tenants problems quickly and make the repairs on time. This helps in maintaining a good relationship with the tenant and reducing vacancy time.
- Rent collection: The property manager collects the rent on time and maintains your accounts. The property management firm ensures that the lease terms are properly followed and handles any issues related to rent, taxes, insurance, maintenance, etc.
- Maintain your home: A property is a big investment that requires regular maintenance and repair. The property manager will ensure that your house is well maintained, repaired on time and updated.
- Free up your time: If you live far away from your rental property or you are too busy with family or your job, the property manager can be an asset for you. With the backend support of an experienced property manager, you need not take time off for repairs or maintenance issues.
A competent property manager can add value to your investment by providing preventive inspections and regular maintenance. Using their experience and contacts, they make your renting business a success.
12. January 2015 15:23
Many real estate investors believe that managing rental properties on their own is a smart way to save money and deal directly with the tenants. Although this may seem to be a good idea in the first place, in reality it is not so. There are a number of reasons why hiring a professional property management company can be beneficial for you.
- Market Appraisal: A property manager carefully assesses the current real estate market to help you decide a fair rent for your property. Many first time landlords tend to overestimate the value of their property resulting in lost income due to longer vacancy cycle.
- Tenant Selection: It is extremely important for the landlords to conduct a thorough background check of all the applicants. This will ensure that the potential tenants will be responsible enough to take care of the property and pay rent on time. A property management company has proper access to all the necessary resources to screen out the bad tenants and choose the good ones for your property.
- Marketing: The property management company is also responsible for advertizing your property through proper channels. They will place your property in major online MLS listings and their own website to market it among the people looking for a home to rent.
- Arrange Property Visits: It can be difficult for the owners to stay available to show the property to the prospective tenants. Thus, they may not be able to find a good tenant in a short period of time. Hiring a property management company can help you in this regard. Their staff will arrange the visits to the property as and when it suits you.
- Tenant Retention: One of the biggest responsibilities of a property management company is to find reliable tenants that stay for a long time. They provide timely maintenance and repair services so that the tenants do not face any difficulty.
- Professional Relationship: Finally, a property management company makes sure that a healthy relationship is maintained between the landlord and tenant. Any issues that arise in the rental property is dealt professionally by the property managers, without bothering the landlord unless necessary.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, provide efficient property management services for rental properties in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can contact us at (254) 690-3311 or visit our office at 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.
20. October 2014 18:57
When renters search for a new property they usually have a list of features that they look for in a house. A clean and aesthetic outdoor space is one of the most important features and renters prefer a home with a nice well kept lawn. Many landlords are aware of the fact and use this simple technique to attract potential tenants. By maintaining the lawn or the garden of the house, landlords improve the chances of long term tenancy and shorten the vacancy times.
Improve the curb appeal:
The curb appeal is the charm of the exterior of a house or property and is the first thing that is noticed about the house from the street.
Here are the simple tricks to improve the curb appeal of the house:
- Clean up the front door and decorate it.
- Replace the broken or old hardware.
- Put Fresh plants
- Freshen up the mailbox
- Add outdoor art
- Clean the driveway
- Paint the house.
- Clean the old garage doors or replace them if required.
- Trimmed grass and flower beds.
- Make it Green.
Other Amenities Tenants Look for:
There are certain amenities that most tenants look for in the outdoor spaces. Therefore, utmost care should be taken to provide these amenities when the potential tenant visits to inspect the house:
- Parking Space.
- Outdoor sitting area.
- Safety in the outdoor area.
- Well maintained landscape
- Facility for gardening.
Many of the landowners usually tend to ignore these amenities but they are more important than the interiors of the house. The outdoor space acts like a first impression which lasts forever.
Recreational Outdoor Facilities:
Most of the renters also look for recreational amenities in the outdoor spaces of the house. Including such facilities does not require much cost but they add to the value of the house in front of potential buyers.
Some of the common recreational facilities are:
- Tennis or basketball courts.
- Playing area for kids
- Area for grilling
- Space for organizing parties
The ultimate goal of the potential tenant is to get all the facilities as close as possible to his new home. They prefer a space where they can spend memorable evenings with the family or friends. Including more outdoor facilities provides cost-effective and valuable benefits that add to the investment. Outdoor space has gained much importance these days and maintaining them properly increases the chances of renting your property at a good price.
We, at Cloud Real Estate can help you stage and maintain your rental home. Our real estate agents will also help you find the right tenants for your property. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690-3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.