20. January 2017 18:29
Selling a house requires a lot of research and patience, particularly if you do not have any prior experience. Staging your home and showcasing it in the right manner can be beneficial. It can help to make your property stand out from the rest and attract a larger pool of potential buyers. Having complete knowledge about the below given do’s and don’ts can help you speed up the home selling process
Perform a thorough research
Before making any decision, it is important to perform a thorough research.
- Study and understand the current trends in the real estate market
- See what most buyers are looking for in a home for sale
- Consult people who have recently sold their home
Take help from a professional.
- A real estate agent can give you an honest opinion about worth of your home and advertize it to the buyers. However, you should consider several factors before hiring a professional:
- Make sure that he has in-depth knowledge of the current market situation
- He should have extensive experience in the real estate industry.
- He should be associated with a reputed real estate company
Increase the visibility of your house by using all kinds of marketing approaches:
- Place a “For sale” sign board outside your house
- Invite people for open house parties and visits
- Advertize your home through online MLS listings
- List your house for sale on social media sites
- Upload a virtual tour of your house on YouTube and other websites
Good Photographs Say It All:
Dark or gloomy images with low resolution do not provide a clear picture of the house. Therefore, you should upload an ample number of good quality images that highlights all the important features of your property
Keep your house spick and span
Appearance of a home is one of the most important factors that can ensure its quick sale.
- Spruce up the exteriors: The first thing that the buyer notices is the exterior of the house. Therefore, it should be well maintained. Mow the lawn, trim the bushes, clear pathways, sidewalks and re-paint the walls, if required.
- No clutter – Keep all the tables and shelves arranged. Do not dump anything in the wardrobes or closets. Buyers should be able to visualize the space available in the house. Also take care that all the bedsheets, curtains, mats, sofas are absolutely clean.
- Repair– Make sure that you get all the leaky faucets, jammed doors, closets, wall cracks repaired before showing the home to the prospective purchasers.
- Paint the walls with neutral colors: Painting your house with neutral colors can provide a fresh look to the home and also create the illusion of more space
- Be easy to be found: Whenever you advertize your house, mention correct contact details as well as address so the buyers can communicate and reach to you without any inconvenience.
- Make your house accessible for showings: Keep your timings flexible so that people interested in buying your home can easily come for a visit.
- Avoid spending too much on renovations: Minor improvements may help to attract buyers but getting involved in big renovation projects may not necessarily raise its market value. Take suggestions from the real estate agent to find out whether the modifications will help you sell the home at a better price
- No pets around while house viewings: Buyers may get annoyed or feel difficulty in viewing your house if the pet is around. Make sure that you confine your pet in the backyard while you are showing the property.
- Do not overprice your house: Trying to sell your home at a price higher than the market value may cause you to lose prospective buyers as they will look for better options in the same budget. You should conduct a comparative market analysis to decide a fair selling price for your house.
If you follow the above mentioned tips, you will be able to sell your house within a short span of time.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, can help to prepare your home for sale in Killeen, TX. For more information you can call at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas.