17. February 2017 17:05
A good landscaping boosts the curb appeal of your home, which is an indispensable factor contributing in attracting potential buyers. An attractive yard or lawn can leave a strong first impression and add up to the value of your property. Therefore, to make your home appear welcoming to the potential buyers, it is imperative that you upgrade the outdoors’ appearance.
To refine your lawn, you may consider the following tips –
- Edging the lawn- It will help you to clearly define the sidewalks, driveways, entrance and most importantly the lawn. To obtain a perfect shape, you may use tools like a spade or half-moon edger. Once you have defined the boundaries, do not forget to remove the extra turf. A well-defined garden also gives a sense of low maintenance to the buyers, which is one of the most important selling point of a property.
- Weeding and mulching plant beds – This will not only make your garden tidy but is also important for the growth of the plants. You must choose a mulch utility that will improve the soil texture as well as appearance of your garden such as pine bark or forest fines.
- Pruning or tidying up plants - A garden with overgrown shrubs and bushes makes the outdoor look messy and may be an instant deal breaker. Thus, you must prune the unkempt trees and plants properly.
- Pay attention to the water feature – A small fountain, water bubbler or any other water feature can be a pleasant add on to a lawn. However, you need to make sure that it is free from algae and has sufficient water supply. Routinely clean it to keep it looking shiny and beautiful.
- Take care of any irrigation issues - If the irrigation system of your house is not in a well working condition, be sure to get the issue fixed as soon as possible. Also, if you have an automatic irrigation system, you must explain it to the buyers beforehand.
- Add an outdoor seating area - Adding furniture can portray your lawn/ garden as a usable area. You may consider installing benches or picnic tables in the lawn. These minute improvements will help your property to stand out from others.
- Eliminate the boredom with a big rock – If your lawn is big enough, consider placing boulder or small rocks on the grass. This will enhance the aesthetic beauty of your home and will also make it look interesting. If you aren’t sure how to do this, you may consult the professionals.
- Install Lighting - Proper lighting in the garden and the surrounding area is equally important. You must install light fixtures to highlight the best features of your lawn and enhance the visibility. A decent outdoor lighting may impress the potential buyers who visit your property in evening.
- Power wash dirty surfaces – If your garden is surrounded by fences or has little paths made up of marbles and stones, make sure that they are clean. In order to do so, you may use power wash tool or hire a professional for the same. You may also consider painting your fences with neutral colors.
You can decorate your garden the way you want, but when you are selling your home, try to make it more appealing for the buyers. Minor repair and improvements can add to the long term benefits and help to attract the potential buyers.
The above mentioned points will assist you to make your garden more presentable. You may also hire a property management firm to stage the interiors as well as exteriors of your home.
If you are looking to sell your home in Killeen, TX, consider hiring the professionals at Cloud Real Estate. Our team comprises of experienced property managers who will assist you in preparing your house for sale. For more information, you can call at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit 1703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.