8. April 2016 19:14
Selling a house requires a lot of deliberation. If you want to make your house stand out in real estate market, you need to stage it well. You should also understand and work on the shortcomings in the property to make it more presentable.
Here are a few tips which can boost the value of the house and help you sell it faster:
- Set the right price: It is very important to set an optimum selling price as the buyers may have already researched the prices of other properties in your area. In case of overpricing or underpricing, you may not get many prospective buyers for your home.
- Maintenance: Fixing leaky faucets, broken windows, damaged doors or rooftops will not only make your property presentable but also increase its value. You may be able to sell your home in Killeen quickly and at a much better price.
- Renovate the kitchen: Having modular kitchen can boost the chances of selling your home faster. You can update the cabinets and shelves to give your kitchen a new look. Make sure that the kitchen is spotless and perfectly organized when a potential buyer visits the home.
- Stage the exterior: You can stage exterior by using elegant outdoor furniture as well as maintaining the lawn and patio. You can even upgrade the backyard so that it can be used for reading or entertainment purposes.
- Clean, declutter and depersonalize: Your home should have no signs of dirt or stains. Depersonalizing by removing all your family photos or mementos can help the buyers to envisage their own presence in your house. You can use table lamps, chandeliers, floor lamps etc. to beautify your home. Wall mirrors can also be used to give a spacious look to the rooms.
- List your home on major portals: Advertizing your property through online portals is an easy and cost effective way to entice potential buyers. You can post high quality photos of the house to give buyers a better view of every room. Videos of the house giving details about the floor plan also be posted.
- Take Professional help: You can hire a real estate agent to help you sell your property faster. The agent will carefully evaluate your needs and help you sell the property at an optimum price. He may also assist you in handling the paper work.
We, at Cloud Real Estate, can help you sell your home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 690-3311.
13. April 2015 17:33
Buying a home is a lifelong commitment and a big investment for most people. The entire process involves a lot of considerations that are time consuming and daunting. However the most important of them is to inspect the house carefully to determine its condition. You must know what you are paying before signing on the dotted line. Thus, it is advisable that you hire a professional real estate agent who can help you make a wise and well-informed decision.
Given here are some of the key areas to examine when visiting the houses for sale in Killeen, TX:
- Exterior: This is the first area that clearly indicates the level of care and maintenance that the house gets. Check all the driveways and sidewalks to look for any cracks or crumbles. If there is a porch, it should preferably have concrete flooring with clean and spotless furnishings. The flowers, shrub and trees should not look frazzled and wild. The stairs and railings should be clean and secure.
- Basement: While going around the basement, look for signs of dampness or moisture in the area. Check if there are any leaks in the foundation of the house, floors as well as ceiling of the basement. Examine all the exposed beams and check if there is any rotten wood therein.
- Attic: This is another important area that will provide important information about the condition of the house. Try to go up the attic area to examine it more closely. Look for signs of water damage in the walls and ceiling. The insulation of the attic area should also be suitable according of the geographical location of the house.
- Plumbing System: Be sure to inspect the plumbing fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom. If you notice any leaks, sagging floors, mildew and water stains, there might be a long-term problem. Turn on the faucets to gauge the pressure of the water. Also, inspect the drainage system and toilets.
- Electrical System: Locate the fuse box in the home and make sure that it is properly maintained. Ascertain that the house has sufficient number of electrical sockets. Look for Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) electrical outlets that can save you from major electrical shocks.
For more details on hiring a professional real estate agent to inspect a house feel free to contact Cloud Real Estate at (254) 690 – 3311 or visit our office at 703 South W.S. Young Drive, Killeen, Texas 76543.